Downtown Silver Spring
Vibrant District of Arts and EntertainmentDowntown Silver Spring is a vibrant DC suburb with urban feel and city style living. With its large number of residents, dynamic mix of global cultures and ethnic eateries, and a sophisticated arts and entertainment district, this neighborhood has become a gold standard for affordable housing.
- THE NEIGHBORS: Culturally diverse, professionals, new and longtime residents.
- WHAT TO EXPECT: Manageable city living in close proximity to metro shopping and entertainment.
- THE LIFESTYLE: Vibrant, exciting city life among the region's most dynamic and diverse communities.
- UNEXPECTED APPEAL: Small business and historic landmarks in a walkable downtown.
- THE MARKET: A range of homes from affordable to expensive and ample downtown condominium options.
- YOU'LL FALL IN LOVE WITH: The laid-back atmosphere with an eclectic mix of dining, shopping, and entertainment, surrounding the building, and parks
Sunny days call for a walk through the Downtown Silver Spring Market, a fantastic farmers market with everything from organic, pesticide-free produce, meat and cheeses to fresh-cut flowers, wine tastings and cooking demos
Despite being a suburb, there are no big box stores nearby, leaving you to run your errands at small, locally-owned businesses. Though street parking is challenging, there are several large parking garages, and many residents just walk to their destinations. Whether you have a car or would rather rely on public transportation, you're in close proximity to everything you might need.